The best path towards being prepared for a career in ministry is to earn both an undergraduate degree and a master of divinity graduate degree. A traditional undergraduate degree usually takes four years to complete, and a standard M.Div. degree takes an additional three years, for a total of seven years. Through AMP, you can choose from three B.A. options (Intercultural Studies, Biblical and Theological Studies and Ministry) and a M.Div. in as few as five years, just one year beyond a traditional bachelor’s degree.
How Does the AMP Program Work?
A student majors in either Biblical & Theological Studies, Intercultural Studies or Ministry and completes the 91 prescribed undergraduate credits during their first three years at PBA. Upon successful completion of these credits and a GPA of 3.25 or more, a student begins M.Div. courses during his/her fourth year.
This streamlined M.Div. degree is possible because PBA does not repeat introductory courses from the undergraduate level (as most seminaries do). Instead, we offer advanced-level courses from the very beginning of the M.Div. degree. Because our M.Div. also includes a substantial apprenticeship, students finish seminary with experience and eager to launch out into the ministry to which God has called them.
Is There Financial Aid?
Palm Beach Atlantic makes every effort to offer financial assistance through a variety of programs (federal and institutional) to deserving students. Scholarships are available to qualified students based on merit and need. Students must apply for financial aid each year by completing the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Learn more about opportunities for Financial Aid; for questions on work-study or loan eligibility please contact email@example.com.
Why Should I Do the AMP Program?
• Cuts the traditional time period of BA + MDiv by up to 2 years
• Saves at least 1 year of total education costs (tuition, fees, books, housing, etc.)
• Through a generous grant, PBA is able to offer exclusive scholarships for AMP students of up to $8,000
• Social and academic cohort opportunities exclusively for AMP students
• Since the start of the AMP Program in 2013, there has been a 100% placement rate among graduates
I’m Still Not Convinced; Why Should I Choose a PBA MDiv Over Other MDiv Programs?
• 100% of PBA’s graduate faculty hold the highest degree and are published authorities in their field
• Average class size in MDiv classes is 10
• All MDiv students complete 150 supervised hours on a church ministry staff each semester
• The MDiv curriculum is uniquely integrated to bring together areas of biblical study, theology, history, and ministry
• PBA’s School of Ministry has a network of over 75 partner churches serving as internship and apprenticeship sites
What Can I Do With This Degree?
- Associate Pastor
- Bible teacher
- Camp Director
- Christian Education Director
- Church Planter
- Pastoral Counselor
- Senior Pastor
- Women’s Ministry Director
- Youth Pastor
Who is the AMP Program For?
• Open to all students whose major is in the School of Ministry (BTS, MIN, and ICS, inc. all concentrations)
• Perfect for those who already feel called to church ministry and know they would like to pursue an MDiv
• Amazing preparation for those who are interested in church ministry of any kind, Christian non-profit work, or even further post-graduate study
To learn more about the Accelerated Ministry Program at PBA, enter your information below and we can answer any of your questions.